Program Manager - Optimized Learning Program
|Location:||Redwood City, CA|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Summit Public Schools, a leading charter management organization serving Silicon Valley’s diverse communities, operates four high schools enrolling approximately 1,200 students. Summit’s mission is to ensure that every student has the opportunity to not only attend, but succeed in, a four-year college or university. Summit’s flagship school, Summit Preparatory Charter High School, opened its doors in 2003 and quickly earned the reputation as one of the best public high schools in the nation, according to national rankings by Newsweek and U.S. News & World Report. Summit's track record of success includes 96 percent of Summit graduates accepted to at least one four-year college or university. Overwhelming community demand led to the opening of Summit’s second school, Everest Public High School, in the fall of 2009, as well as Summit Public Schools’ Rainier and Tahoma in San Jose in the fall of 2011. Over the next decade, Summit will grow to serve 6,000 students through 14 schools across Silicon Valley, forming Summit's transformative College Ready Corridor.|
The Project Manager will join the Summit Public Schools Central Office to facilitate the organization’s transition to an Optimized Learning school model, which includes the blending of face-to-face learning experiences and online instruction, a competency-based curriculum and a focus on self-directed learning. This initiative began in 2011 and is backed by a strong coalition throughout the organization. We now need a strong Project Manager to manage implementation.
The parameters of this project include the opening of two new fully-optimized schools in 2013, concurrent with the rolling out of Optimized Learning through our existing schools. It is a part-time contract position through August Fall 2014 (approx. 20 hours/ week).
• Works closely with senior management team. Reports to the CEO.
|Duties:||Duties and Responsibilities|
• Lead the planning, communication and implementation of Optimized Project
• Embrace and contribute to Summit’s unique culture of innovation and distributed leadership
• Develop full scale project plans and appropriate benchmarks. Develop timelines and track deliverables using appropriate tools
• Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders
• Become an expert on all aspects of current systems and identify and execute opportunities for process streamlining
• Identify dependencies and work with team leaders to ensure all individual tasks are met on time and to quality
• Spearheads the development of effective growth strategies and processes around the implementation of Optimized Learning
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• At least five years of professional work experience required, with at least three years of project management experience.
• Experience in academic organizations, especially experience with high school systems
• Experience in Blended Learning Programs
• Experience leading change management in a growing organization
• Strong project management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong communication, facilitation and interpersonal abilities to manage cross functional teams
• Ability to self-direct and prioritize among competing goals, exhibit flexibility and drive results in a fast paced environment
• Aptitude for rapid analysis, including ability to synthesize complex information and internalize performance levels in diverse areas
• Adept at thinking strategically, translating plans into action and exhibiting excellent judgment
Additional Skills Preferred
• Awareness of K-12 education reform issues, especially with regards to move towards personalization
• Knowledge of quality management, with a focus on ways to improve and promote quality - and foster increased accuracy and thoroughness – throughout an organization
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.